Monday, March 2, 2009

Animated Mario


To make this I used my first Mario picture and decided to animate it. To make this I just took out Mario and the goomba from the background and duplicated it a bunch of times, it turned put using 54 layers. To do Mario I created three images of him, one standing, one in walking motion, and one in jumping motion. I just copied and pasted these on different layers at increments to get him walking and jumping. For the goomba I just flipped the image since he only changes which leg is up, to make him squashed I just scaled the image down. This actually didn't take me too long, the hardest part was figuring out how to do it, and what to use.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Work Kyle! The motion is very smooth, and the picture is a very creative application of the animation we have been doing in class. Looks just like someone is playing the game. I love how well he lands on the large block at the end and keeps running! The alignment is perfect.

    Great work! You know what else you could do? You could also add in the 100 points from killing the goomba. It would be kinda frivolous, but I bet it would look really cool.

    Anyway, Fantastic Job, Kyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! Yeah, I though about adding score when I started, but I completely forgot by the time I had the rest finished, maybe I'll do that during class sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good i must have took you a long time working through all of those layers but it came out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The amount of work that went into this is really incredible. As Marty mentioned above the movement is really smooth. It looks like you videoed the game.

    Great comments too Marty!

    ReplyDelete