Thursday, March 26, 2009

Original Doll house Picture




This is an image of a doll house that I have been working on. The original picture is at the top and the various views of the replication follow. I changed parts of the house, such as the location of the door and the shape of the roof(little part of the house) just because of preference. I just used the picture as an example for what I wanted to do. I also added a pool and a hot tub in the backyard. The hardest part about this was making sure that the pieces of the house were not connected so that I could raise the roof and move it around how I wanted. I had to move the front piece of the house after it was all done and then connect it in order for the roof to work. The fence and balcony around the house took the longest time. I had to draw a rectangle all the way around on all sides and then take out the posts individually by drawing a line with a pencil and using the push tool to just push the post out until it disappeared. I tried other ways to build fences such as pulling the posts up individually and then trying to put a railing on, but so far this was easiest even though it was time consuming. I also had to make sure that I drew a line all the way across for the railing before I made the posts so that I did not have to try and put a railing on top after. I copy and pasted most of the windows to make them the same size, as well as the shutters but had to draw in the window panes individually. I also added tress and a sunflower to the yard by using google warehouse. To insert it into your 3-D drawing you go to File, 3-D warehouse, get models and you search for whatever you need or want to add to your house. The only problem is that your house has to be proportional to the images you get offline which is hard to do.










3 comments:

  1. This house looks amazing. You paid attention to all the details to make it look exactly like the original. Good job Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really nice! =]
    It looks almost the same as the picture, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is like the best looking house yet. it looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete