Monday, March 23, 2009















So I have been working on recreating Bapst. I have come across a lot of problems trying to create the many details of the building. It's hard to space everything correctly and make it as accurate as possible. One of the biggest obstacles I had was making the pillars and the windows in between them. I had them all done at one point but then the spacing was off. So I just copied the whole thing and then deleted it then pasted it so i could move them to where I wanted. But I guess I moved my angle so I was not able to put it back on the building. I was unable to do anything. So I just started over. I used a lot of the copy and paste tool though just to make all the windows and pillars the same. I tried to pay a lot of attention to detail. Like the different ridges on the building. I just made lines and pulled them out to create that detail. Bapst is not finished yet, there are so many parts to the building, but it's fun to have a project to keep working on and I always have something to do!

5 comments:

  1. This is really amazing. How log did it take you to do all of this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris! And I have been working on it probably since a couple days after we started using sketchup. So quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good, it must have taken forever to do the windows, did you copy and paste a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. great jog georgia. I like the little gc's you put in to it. I think it made it more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome georgia! It looks just look bapst haha I like the details of the pillar, good job sistah! =]

    ReplyDelete