Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I made this animation in gimp using layers and the animation effects. I just made 7 copies of the same picture and then went through drawing in random lines for rain. If I had spent more time on the rain it could have looked better. Then I went through and randomly changed the brightness and contrast from the colors section randomly throughout the different pictures to create a movie like effect. I am probably going to go back and change the rain into something more realistic looking.

6 comments:

  1. This is really cool. I like how the umbrella is the only colored thing in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh this is really cute =]
    I like how you made the umbrella red, it really makes it pop, and the flashing light is a nice touch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. I really like how you made the different contrast and brightness to create a movie effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks awesome! How you changed the difference of brightness and contrast makes it look more realistic! If you go back and change the rain, it would look really cool if you made ripples in the water where the rain is suppose to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh thats a good idea Ky! Yeah the movie effect is pretty amazing...good thinking!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda-
    This is really a nice piece of work, subtle, but a cool effect. Also great suggestion Kylie. I'd love to see an updated version at some later date.

    ReplyDelete