Monday, March 30, 2009

Blue House





So this house took forever. I started with two rectangles and used the push/pull tool from there. Something interesting I learned was you can actually use the push/pull tool to make the different roofs connect. When doing this project the most difficult part I had was making the deck. I seriously spent the last week just working on the deck..I almost just gave up. At one point I was going to settle with just a ramp. The trouble first started when I was making the railing to the stairs in the second image. When I first tried to connect each rail on the stairs I could not make the rails connect evenly. Mr. Champney and I realized this two class periods later that I needed to make all of my stairs even. (So I basically had to start my stairs all over.) I then had to use the move tool and angle the top of every rail on the stairs evenly. (This allowed me to get actually create a downward slope.) I made the railing by using the pencil tool and connecting the tops of each rail. After I connected each rail a square was made. I next used the push/pull tool to create actual thickness of the railing. When doing this I came accross another problem, now that I had all of the rails angled and the railing made the rails and the railing didn't connect. To solve this problem I used the move tool to connect them. After I did this I made another staircase. (in the last photo to the left) Since I had all of that trouble with the last railing I just copied my staircase from the front of my house and pasted to the back. This actually worked out for the most part but I didn't realize that I could do this until I spent yet another class period on tring to make the railing connect. I don't know why but I made another deck. When creating this deck I again had similar problems to what I did previously. After dealing with all of these decks and staircases I put numerous windows and doors in. When making these objects I used the push/pull tool to create depth in each. The next thing I made was an upper deck and a garden. To put flowers in this garden I used an image from the 3D warehouse, copied it, and used the scale tool to make them look approprate in proportion to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment