Monday, March 30, 2009














This is a picture of The Elms mansion in Newport, RI. I started making this with just a rectangle, and used the push pull tool. From there I added a semi-circle to the front of the rectangle. Then I made all of the windows using a rectangle and the move copy tool. The most difficult part of making the windows was trying to put them on the semi-circle because it is not possible to put/draw objects on a cylinder. So I had to improvise by selecting the top view I drew a line from one end of the circle to the other and selected the push/pull tool and pushed that piece down to the ground, creating a semi-hexagon. Now that I had a flat surface I was able to put windows and a door on the surface. Next, what I made was the deck surrounding the building. All I did was again was made a rectangle and used the push/pull to add different levels. The two final things that I did was created a wall around the building. I created the wall by using the circle tool and I made two circles and used the pull tool to give it a wall affect. To make a finishing touch on this picture I added words.

4 comments:

  1. Kace this looks really great! I love how you did the windows. They are very unique in their design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh and how did you get the writing on the roof? Did you draw it yourself using the pencil tool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kacy this look just like the elms! The wall that you made looks tricky, how did you get it somewhat symmetrical?

    ReplyDelete