Monday, March 16, 2009


Okay, so this was suppose to be a lighthouse...but it did not really work out to well. It looks more like a bowling pin now. When attempting to use google sketchup on this object the first thing I did was use the circle tool and then the push/pull tool to make the base. After this I used the cirle tool and push pull tool again to make the first layer of my lighthouse. After doing this, under the tools menu, I selected the scale option and scaled my first layer. This option allowed me to make a decreasing cylinder shape to get the effect of the lighthouse shape. When doing this the first layer wasn't to bad, but when I continued to make this shape it didn't work out to well. I used the push/pull tool to pull up the next layer. What I had trouble with was scaling each side evenly. As I continued to do this process the scaling on each side became more off, and therefore it now looks like a bowling pin.

3 comments:

  1. You worked so hard on this. I think it looks great even though its not completely what you wanted. You were getting close to the shape of the lighthouse. With the things you learned by working on this it could help you when you create other things. Like if you actually wanted to make a bowling pin! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The process you used to make your lighthouse was interesting to hear about. It does sound like you learned quite a bit just from making and then fixing your "mistakes." Although there's more you'd like to do, it looks really good to me already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha George =] bowling pins are always good but I kind of like the milk bottle idea =] you could have a house of milk instead of a house of pancakes!! no but really you worked hard on this and I am proud of you for your determination!

    ReplyDelete