Monday, February 2, 2009

Beach


This was my first accomplished landscape. I decided to do this beach landscape that I looked up online because I wanted to demonstrate the shading that this picture used. The sand and sky both have multiple colors which gives the painting more depth. The waves in the water was tricky but I finally decided that the effect I wanted would only be achieved if I used multiple colors and the smudge tool. The trees were also difficult and I had to play around with it for a while. I used a dark green base and then gradually added in multiple shades of green and then smudged the color into the shape of a tree. The clouds are my favorite part because of their 3 dimensional shape. This was also achieved by using very dark colors and white and then the smudge tool in circular motions to get the shape of a cloud as you would see it.

2 comments:

  1. Sam this looks so goood!! I love the clouds you did a great job on them. You did a great job using the smudging tool in this piece of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    This looks so inviting! Makes me ready for spring. Mrs. Lammert

    ReplyDelete