Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow Driveway


This image is suppose to look like you are looking up a snow covered driveway. The first thing I did when making this painting was designing the driveway. To do this I made two lines, each coming from the corners and going diagonal to the center to make it look like it is getting smaller. After doing this I colored the end of the driveway and kept shading and smudging darker colors of gray until I reached the end of the driveway. The next thing I did was using one of the different options of the brush tool in order to make the tire tracks. I did this by gradualling made the brush smaller as the driveway got longer. Making the snow banks was the next project I came across. In order to make them I used the spray paint brush along the sides of the driveway. After doing this I used the filter tool and somehow made the driveway to curve. My last project were the trees; they took forever. After I made the first one I figured out how to copy them. When doing this I had a ton of trouble with the layers. After this I decided to just make separate trees, and this didn't work out either because, one it was the next day, and two I couldn't match the right color. Finally, on the last day of working on this painting I used a different computer and everything worked out. The used the smug tool the most in this painting and it took me about 5 class periods.

1 comment:

  1. awwww ky you worked so hard on this! and you added more trees finally! I really like the snow tire effect...it really does look like tire marks!

    ReplyDelete