Monday, February 9, 2009

sunset















Actual Picture my picture
This picture was painted according to a picture I took this summer of the sunset on the way home from Bar Harbor. I used the color eyedrop tool to choose my colors according to the actual colors in the sky because they were too difficult to find on the color finder. They are still not exact but they are close. I used the galaxy tool to make the bushes and then colored in the rest with black. The sky was done by layering the different shades and then just using the smudge tool to blend them all together. After I drew in the telephone poles I realized that it was going to be very difficult to draw in the actual telephone lines. I did not want to ruin the painting because I knew my hand was not steady enough to make good lines, so I copied part of the actual picture and put it in and then drew over the picture, blending the colors together and remaking the telephone poles by drawing over the pasted copy of the original. To make the telephone poles straight lines I clicked and hit shift and then just dropped the line down until I wanted it to stop and clicked again. The poles are also not in their exact spots because the distance for the telephone poles were off in my painting so I just copied and pasted parts of the telephone lines and made my own pattern with the telephone poles.

This was the painting that I originally started until I realized that I could not draw the telephone lines in, so I changed my color scheme.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sam these look really good. I couldn't tell the difference between the first too at first glance. That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam this is beautiful! All the time you spent on this really shows. I liked how you used the dropper tool in order to make your picture look more authentic. And the telephone poles look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good, very similar to the original, the sky especially

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very engaging work; super use of color and black. Overall, it's a really aesthetically pleasing piece. But the initial composition is a great addition to the blog post as well; even the first draft (sans telephone wires) is very well executed. The blog posting is really informative too, specific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sammm this is so prettyy!! You can tell you worked really hard.

    ReplyDelete