Monday, February 2, 2009

When I started making this picture I searched Google for a beach landscape picture, then I saved the picture as a gimp file so I would be able to use the color picker tool to get the exact colors. I first started the picture by coloring the sky and beach. Next, I made the clouds by selecting the confetti brush setting to make snowflake looking spots all over the sky then I used the smudge tool to blend the clouds together. After making the clouds I began to start painting the grass and ocean. What I did to make the grass was again to change the brush setting to a confetti setting and then smudged it in. Then I added different shades of blue into to the background and made mountains and the ocean, and again used the smudge tool to blend in the blue colors. Next, I made the rocks and used the color picker tool to get colors and used the smudge tool again. The final thing that I made in this picture was the palm trees. I made these by zooming in really close and made lines to give them a palm tree effect.

1 comment:

  1. Kacey, This makes me ready for vacation. I like the warm, tropical look of this picture. Mrs. Lammert

    ReplyDelete